To help you integrate proper recovery into your workout programme, we have some recovery tips for you.
5 recovery tips
- Right after an intensive workout is the time for active recovery: a cooling down period of approximately 10 minutes to reduce your heart rate, which you can combine with some stretching.
- Don’t eat any fatty snacks – these slow down your recovery. Carbohydrates, liquids and protein need to be your top priority.
- Make sure you get enough sleep. A good night’s sleep helps your whole body recover.
- Massage can help relieve stiff muscles, and also feels good and helps your body remove waste products.
- Alternating hot and cold showers or baths promotes good circulation.
Eager to find out more! Not to worry, here are a few of our top-tips that we've gathered together from our YouTube channel, the playlist covers some of lifes biggest questions, such as :
- What do I need after a workout?
- Why do I need Protein after sport?
- What are proteins?
- How much protein do I need?
- When to take protein?