RECIPE: Protein pancakes and top tips
Ingredients (for 8 pancakes):
- 3 scoops (35 grams) of Vifit Sport Vanilla protein powder
- 100 grams of oatmeal
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- Oil for baking
- A mix of toppings; honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, fresh fruit
Top tip 1 (pictured), additional ingredients required:
- 4 tablespoons of dried coconut
- 2 tablespoons of skimmed quark
- 50 grams of extra dark chocolate, chopped
Top tip 2, additional ingredients required:
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of almonds, chopped
- Hand blender or food processor.
- Frying pan
- Put the Vifit Sport Vanilla powder in a blender along with the oatmeal, eggs, baking powder and banana. Mix until you got a smooth, consistent batter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Pour the batter into the pan, creating pancakes of around 6cm in width.
- Fry for about 50 seconds or until the bottom side is golden brown. Turn around with a spatula and fry the other side until golden brown.
- Create two stacks of pancakes on two plates and finish off with your topping of choice.
- A fantastic start to the day, we’re sure you’ll agree!
Top tip 1 (pictured): with coconut, quark and dark chocolate.
- Make the batter as described above, but also add two tablespoons of shredded coconut.
- Bake the pancakes as described above.
- When creating your pancake stacks, add a tablespoon of quark, a tablespoon of shredded coconut and a tablespoon of dark chocolate.
- Mix those ingredients together on your spoon or fork and voila – an even tastier pancake!!!
Top tip 2: with peanutbutter and almonds
- Make the batter as desribed in the original recipe, but add two tablespoons of peanut butter to the batter.
- Bake the pancakes as normal.
- Make two stacks and add a tablespoon of peanutbutter and a good sprinkle of chopped almonds to the pancakes individually.
- We hope you like it!