Frequently asked questions
- Why was Vifit Sport developed? Vifit Sport is a sports nutrition range with a high protein content for people with an active, sporting lifestyle. There are three different product types available:
Recovery drink 330ml (Ready to drink) in 3 flavours: banana-honey, chocolate-mocha, guarana.Recovery bars in 3 flavours: lemon-yoghurt, peach-yoghurt and cranberry.Recovery shakes 350g = 10 servings available in 3 flavours: mango-passionfruit strawberry-goji, vanilla.
- How should I store the products? The product can be stored at room temperature throughout its life. Ready to Drink shakes should be refrigerated and comsumed within 24hrs after being opened.
- What will Vifit Sport High Recovery products do for me? When you train hard, you stress and damage your muscles. This is normal and why it is important to consider your recovery after every workout. This recovery phase is an essential part of staying in shape, during which you can give your muscles the extra help they need in the form of protein. Research has shown that your muscles have the most potential for recovery in the first 30 minutes after your workout, and that 20g of protein is the optimum post-workout amount.
- Why 20 grams of protein? Experts indicate that the intake of 20g of protein within 2 hours after exercise (but preferably within 30 minutes) is most effective for the maintenance and growth of your muscles.
- Do I need more protein if I train for longer or more intensively? If you workout is less intense then your muscle damage will also be less intense. Therefore the need for muscle repair is reduced. Research has shown that your muscles have the most potential for recovery in the first 30 minutes after your workout, and that 20g of protein is the optimum post-workout amount.
- Should I take less protein after less intense exercise? If you workout is less intense then your muscle damage will also be less intense. Therefore the need for muscle repair is reduced. The Vifit Sport range can also be used during less intense training or you can choose to supplement your diet with normal protein rich foods (e.g. yoghurt, milk, cheese, egg, meat, chicken, fish, beans, lentils).
- Why should I take Vifit Sport within 30 minutes of exercise? Your muscles are most receptive to repair directly after your finishing exercising. Protein synthesis in the muscles increases within the first 2 hours after training but is at its highest within the first 30 minutes.
- Can I still use Vifit Sport 2 hours after exercise? Two hours after exercise, you can still take Vifit Sport, but the optimal effect on the growth and recovery of muscle is less.
- What happens if I consume Vifit Sport before or during exercising? Vifit Sport has been specifically developed as a post-exercise, recovery range. Consuming a high protein product before or during exercise can cause stomach problems but this does also depend on the intensity of the sport activity and and your own personal tolerance to consume a protein-rich product before or during sport.
- Do all the Vifit Sport products contain the same amount of protein? Yes, all three products contain 20g protein and >18% RDA of vitamin D, B6, potassium, magnesium and calcium in each serving.
- How many Vifit Sport Powder shakes / RTDs / Bars can I consume per day? The direction for use is to have 1 portion of Vifit Sport within 30 minutes of exercise. If you have more training sessions per day, you can take a serving after every training session. However, Vifit Sport is not designed to replace a healthy diet.
- I am lactose intolerant. Can I consume Vifit Sport? All Vifit Sport products do contain lactose but in different levels. Depending on the severity of your lactose intolerance, we advise you to chose the Vifit Sport Powder (mixed with water) or the Vifit Sport Bar (Cranberry flavour) as these products have very small amounts of lactose. The lactose content of the Vifit Sport Drinks is 9.2g per portion, the Vifit Sport Powder is 0.4g per portion (mixed in water) and the Vifit Sport bars between 0.7g - 2.7g per portion, depending on the flavour.
- Is it dangerous when I take 3 portions of Vifit Sport per day? No, it won’t harm you. But you have to take care that you maintain a healthy diet via normal foods, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, oils, etc.
- Why is Vifit Sport enriched with vitamin D, vitamin B6, magnesium and potassium? Vitamin D and the minerals calcium (which is naturally present in Vifit Sport products), magnesium and potassium all contribute to normal muscle function. Vitamin B contributes to protein metabolism. Vifit Sport products contain between 18-33% of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake) of these nutrients per portion.
- I am pregnant, can I consume Vifit Sport products? If you are practicing sports during pregnancy you can use Vifit Sport as you would do normally.
- Can my children consume Vifit Sport products? Children doing intense exercise can also use Vifit Sport.
- Vitamin B6 is added to Vifit Sport. Isn’t it toxic? Vitamin B6 is added to Vifit Sport, because it plays a major role in muscle protein synthesis (the EU Scientific Committee on Foods recommends that protein enriched products – mentioned for sport people - should contain at least 0.02 mg vitamin B6 per gram of protein). Vitamin B6 is added to Vifit Sport to a level of 0.46mg/portion (which is 33% of the RI); at this level vitamin B6 is not toxic. Only after prolonged periods of using very high doses of vitamin B6, can it result in neurotoxicity. The UL (tolerable upper intake levels for vitamins and minerals, EFSA, 2006) for vitamin B6 has been set at 25 mg/day in EU.
- Why is there added sugar in the Vifit Sport range? Sugar has been added to Vifit Sport products as it is an important energy source for athletes. Sugar is a natural sweetening agent which provides a pleasant taste profile without any lingering aftertaste. In the Ready to drink and Powder the level of added sugar is limited to only 2.5%.
- What does low fat mean? A food can be called ‘low in fat’ when the product contains less than 3g of fat per 100g of solids or 1,5g of fat per 100ml of liquid (1,8g of fat per 100ml for semi-skimmed milk). As a result the Ready to Drink and the shakes can be considered low fat.
- Does Vifit Sport drink Guarana contain caffeine? Vifit Sport drink contains natural Guarana aroma which contains no caffeine, it does not contain Guarana juice (which contains caffeine).
- Can I prepare the Vifit Sport shake before exercising and bring it with me whilst I train? Our advice is to prepare the Vifit Sport powder shake directly after you have finished your exercise to guarantee freshness and to ensure that the product consistency is good. When prepared in advance the product can present sedimentation in the bottom of the shaker. When using milk, we do not recommend you to prepare the shake in advance in order to guarantee microbiology safety.
- Is Vifit Sport a natural product? Within EU legislation, the term ‘natural’ for a finished product is not defined and therefore cannot be used. However all flavourings used within the Vifit Sport products are categorized as ‘natural flavouring’. In addition, the product does not contain any artificial colourings, sweeteners or additives.
- Is Vifit Sport Halal? Vifit Sport products are produced in a warehouse that does not have Halal accreditation. Whilst none of the ingredients within the product contravene a Halal diet, we cannot claim that our product range is Halal.
- What does high quality protein mean? That means that the protein contains all the essential amino acids at the correct levels.
- What is Casein protein? What is Whey protein? And when should I consume what? Milk naturally contains two types of protein: whey (20%) and casein (80%). There’s a difference in how whey and casein are digested by our bodies. Whey is quickly digested and broken down into amino acids, which appear in the blood within 3 hours of consumption. The digestion of casein takes more time and amino acids appear more slowly in the blood, within 8 hours of consumption.
- Can I take too much protein? No, too much protein is used as an energy source. 1 gram of protein provides 4 kcal.
Using the website
- Is there a minimum or maximum quantity that I can order? To place an order you must purchase at least one product from the website, there is no minimum or maximum order amount but please remember delivery costs will be charged for all orders under £30.
- How do I write a review? To write a review simply fill in the details within your Vifit Sport account, it is only possible to leave a review with a valid order or receipt (via the Vifit Sport website, Bol.com or instore purchase). All reviews are screened for offensive language and blacklisted words and will be rejected if deemed unsuitable.
- Can I receive updates from VifitSport.com on promotions and new flavours and product launches? Absolutely, our monthly newsletter contains a great mix of recovery tips, recent promotions and of course all our latest product developments. To sign-up to our newsletter you can register here.
- Is Vifit Sport also offering gift cards? At the moment, Vifit Sport does not offer gift cards. It is something we are working towards and we hope to offer them in the near future.
- How do I create an account? Click the sign-up button in the top right of the page and follow the instructions. You will then be prompted to activate your account via email. When you have found a product you would like to purchase, you can add it to your basket. In the cart you will find a list of all the products you have added as well as the quantity selected and the total amount.
- What are the advantages of my account? Your account is a safe and secure way to manage all of your personal and order information. It gives you access to your order history and tracking information with as well as access to the Vifit Sport Recovery Club, where you can receive the latest tips and hints from the sports world and also save even more on your orders. Only account holders receive our latest promotions directly to their inbox.
- I have forgotten my password If you have forgotten your password that's not a problem, simply click on the following link and add the email address used to register your account. When you receive the forgotten password email, you will then be prompted to create a new password on the Vifit Sport website.
- How can I change my password? If you would like to change your password, simply login to your Vifit Sport account with your existing password. Under the 'Personal information' tab you will find the option 'Current password' simply click on the password and follow the additional form fields to change your current password.
- How can I change the email address of my account? If you would like to change your email address, simply login to your Vifit Sport account with your existing email address. Under the 'Personal information' tab you will find the option Email address, simply click on the email field and follow the instructions to change your current email address.
- How can I change my home address? To change your default delivery address you can do so within your account. Simply login to your Vifit Sport account, click on 'personal details' and edit your existing address details. Unfortunately once an order has been placed and you have received your order confirmaton, it is not guaranteed that you will be able to change the delivery address. This is because we process all orders immediately and as such there is a very narrow window to make any changes to an order. Contact our consumer care if you need to change the delivery address whilst your order is in transit.
- Which settings can I apply for the newsletter? You can opt-in or out of our promotional newsletters when you sign-up for a Vifit Sport account, alternatively, you can unsubscribe from our mail list at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" button within our newsletter. You will still continue to receive all order related emails such as order confirmation, dispatch or forgotten password.
- How can I unsubscribe for the newsletter? To unsubscribe from the newsletter you can click on the 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom of the email.
- I have a complaint If you change your mind or are not happy with our service then please get in touch with our consumer care team to make a complaint. We offer a 14 day cooling off period for all unwanted/unopened products. Unfortunately because our product range is a food item we cannot accept a return if you didn't enjoy the taste of the product.
- What should I do if the answer to my question is not listed here? Is your question not answered? Then simply click here for more information on how to get in touch with us. We will answer your question as soon as possible.
order related questions
- How can I make an order? You can order your Vifit Sport products online via our own webshop. To order via the Vifit Sport website, it is important for you to first create an account. Click the sign-up button in the top right of the page and follow the instructions. You will then be prompted to activate your account via email. When you have found a product you would like to purchase, you can add it to your basket. In the cart you will find a list of all the products you have added as well as the quantity selected and the total amount. If you wish to complete your order you can proceed to the checkout page. Here you can enter your billing and shipping address. Once you have completed this step you can then proceed to selecting your delivery and payment method. The final step of the checkout process is to go to our payment page where you will complete your payment details and place your order. After going through all these steps you will be redirected to our order confirmation page and will also receive an order confirmation email. Please use your order number for any correspondence with our consumer service team.
- How do I know if a product is in stock? There are two statuses for a product on our website, 'In stock' and 'Out of stock'. When a product is 'In stock' it will usually be dispatched within 24 hours. Please see the following link for our delivery times. When the product is out of stock it normally takes a few days before the item is available again online. If you would like to know specifically when a product will be available again then please contact our consumer service via the following link.
- Can I reserve or prebook a product? Unfortunately, it is not possible to reserve a product for a future order. Adding articles to your shopping cart does not reserve your selection. A product is only reserved when you have paid and received an order confirmation.
- How can I see the status of my order? To see the status of your order, simply login to your Vifit Sport account and click on 'Order History' and you should be able to see your order status. There are normally 3 options that an order can go through;- Processing - the order is being completed in our warehouse.
- Dispatched - the order has left our warehouse and is now with the delivery agent.
- Completed - the order has been received at your house.
- Where is my order? Once dispatched, you can track the whereabouts of your order via our delivery service agent. Simply, click on the link received in your dispatch confirmation.
- Can I still cancel or change my order? When an order is placed and the order confirmation has been received the information is passed immediately to our warehouse where the order will be picked and packed for dispatch. As a result it is not possible to cancel or change the items within an order. If you would like to return an item then you can do so within 14 days of receipt. If you mistakenly placed an order then you can also refuse the delivery with the courier who will then return the package to us. If you intend on returning a product or have requested the courier to return the order to our warehouse, then please contact our consumer service team who can give you an RMA (Returns Manual Authorisation) code so that we can speed-up the process of your refund. Click the following link to get in touch with our team.
- How do I make a payment? All payments in our shop are handled by Payment Service Provider Docdata Payments. It is possible to pay by one of the following payment methods:Credit or Debit Card (MasterCard/VISA/Maestro);PayPal.Paying by Credit or Debit Card:Complete your purchase using MasterCard/Maestro/American Express and VISA credit and debit cards. In order to protect your data, your details are fully encrypted and protected from access by external parties. Once you have completed your order, the total amount will be withdrawn immediately If you decide to pay by Mastercard or VISA, please submit your credit card number and expiration date. Then fill in the CVC/ CVV code and name of the cardholder. The CVC/ CVV code is a number that is uniquely associated with your card. This three-digit code can be found on the back of your card. Depending on your bank you may be asked to complete 3D Secure verification which are the registered details and passwords set-up directly with your bank, once you have filled in the requested information, your bank will authorize the transaction within 30 seconds maximum. If the transaction is authorized your order will be dispatched as soon as possible.Paying by PayPal:If you choose to pay with PayPal, you will be forwarded directly to the PayPal website during the check-out. If you are new to PayPal, you can log in as a guest or open a PayPal account and confirm the payment. If you already have a PayPal account, you can login with your username and confirm the payment. Once the payment order is authorized, your order is processed immediately.If you return your items for a refund, the amount will be returned to your PayPal account.
- How can I check whether my payment has been received? If you have successfully placed an order, then the payment has been authorised and we have started to make your order. If you have received the order confirmation email, you can consider your payment has been successful.
- How do I know my payment details are secured? The payment environment of our web shop is secured by the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This method encrypts the information you send, so only the recipient can read it. In this way we can be sure that you can pay safely. Our website has been scanned for security errors using the highest cyber attack standards and adheres to Trusted Shops and ThuisWinkel standards.
- Will I receive an invoice with my order? Your order confirmation will include an itemised view of all the products ordered.
- Do all prices on your website include VAT? Yes, all prices shown in our web shop are including VAT.
- Where can I find the VAT number? Below all of our VAT numbers are listed:Ingram Micro Commerce EMEA B.V., gevestigd te 5145NW Waalwijk, Energieweg 2, Nederland en ingeschreven bij de Kamer van Koophandel onder dossiernummer 17230750.Austria ATU65340428Belgium BE0818800556Denmark DK12551967Finland FI2285859-3France FR89514393289Germany DE815125904Ireland IE9727712SItaly IT00135329993Luxembourg LU23745503Netherlands NL819763603B01Norway NO895519472Poland PL5263028671Portugal PT980430445Spain N0035807GSweden SE502067-684601Switzerland CHE-115.864.263 MWSTUnited Kingdom GB975006123
- What is your pricing policy? All prices shown on our website are inclusive of all applicable taxes and duties for delivery to the European Union and are correct at the time they are entered into our system. We reserve the right to alter product prices on the website without prior notice. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate and up-to-date, sometimes errors do occur and the prices stated can be erroneous.If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods, then you will receive a full refund.Please see our terms and conditions for more information.
- I have forgotten to use my discount code, can I still receive the discount? Unfortunately, once your order has been submitted we are unable to add discount codes or offers retrospectively. As a gesture of goodwill we can sometimes offer you a credit note for a future order.
- Why is my discount code not working? The promotional code may have expired, or the promotion may not have started. Please refer to the terms and condition of the promotion for more details. Please note that our codes are not case sensitive.
- What countries do you deliver to? We deliver primarily to the UK & Ireland. Right now we are unable to deliver to military bases or post box addresses.
- How will my order be shipped? All orders placed with Vifit Sport with a delivery address in the UK or ROI are sent via DPD. Once you receive a tracking number you are able to track your order via the link provided in your dispatch email.
- When can I expect my order? As soon as your payment has been authorised your order will be processed and shipped. The order will be delivered within 2-4 working days for orders placed before 8pm (Mon-Thurs).
- Can I change my shipping address after placing an order? If you have entered an incorrect delivery address, then please contact our consumer care team as soon as possible. We cannot always update a delivery address, but occasionally we can change the details or organise the parcel to be left at a pick-up location. We would also recommend that you update your delivery address within your account to avoid any address issues for future orders.
- How much shipping costs do I pay? Free shipping is available on all orders over £30. The balance should always be reflected on the payment page. For orders less than £30 a delivery charge of £3.95 will be charged.
- How can I track my order? When your order has left our warehouse, you will receive a dispatch confirmation email. This email contains a tracking number which allows you to track the delivery status of your parcel. Alternatively, you can check the delivery status of your order via the couriers website, for tracking an order with DPD click here. You will need to use the tracking reference sent to you in your order dispatch email.
- What happens if I am not at home when the package is delivered? In the event that you are not at home during the first delivery attempt and your parcel does not fit in the mailbox, the driver will attempt to find a secure place to leave the parcel, either with your neighbour or if there is another secure location available. If a secure location cannot be found, the courier will attempt to redeliver the parcel the following working day. You should always receive a delivery note explaining where the parcel was left and/if the parcel could not be left, when the next delivery attempt will be made. Please note that after 3 failed delivery attempts the parcel may be returned to our warehouse. You can check the delivery status of your order via the couriers website, for tracking an order with DPD click here. You will need to use the tracking reference sent to you in your order dispatch email.
- Can I ship my order to a special address, unattended mailbox? Right now we are unable to deliver to military bases or post box addresses.
- Will I be charged customs or import duties? Orders being placed for delivery outside of the UK may be subject to customs charges or import duties which are levied by the importing country at the time the delivery arrives in your country.These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel. Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges, and cannot advise what the cost may be (customs policies and import duties vary widely from country to country).
when can i return a product?
- During what period can I return my order? You have a cooling off period of 14 days to return any unopened products for a refund. Unfortunately due to the fact that our products are food items, we are unable to accept the return and refund of any opened products. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer an exchange of a product for another flavour or product variant.14 days after receipt of the products, they cannot be returned for a refund. After this period, a return of your order is only possible if you believe there is a quality issue with the product and have communicated this issue to our consumer care team.
- How can I return my products or order? To return a product or the entire contents of your order, you must contact our consumer care team within 14 days of receipt. Our consumer care team will send you an RMA code and provide you with a link to print and stick the postage labels on your box. You can only return products once you have received an RMA code, as this is the indication to our warehouse team that the order requires a refund. Once the products have been returned and successfully processed you should receive a refund within 7 working days.
- What should I do if I have received an incorrect or damaged article? Once you have received your order, please carefully check the entire contents of the order. If you have received a damaged or broken product then please get in touch with our consumer care team who will issue a replacement. They will normally request some photos of the product and immediately replace the damaged/incorrect items.
- When will I receive my refund? You can normally expect the money to be refunded to you within 7 days of receipt in our warehouse. Refund processing time per payment method:
- MasterCard: 5-12 working days days;
- PayPal: 7-10 working days;
- VISA: 5-7 working days.
- MasterCard: 5-12 working days days;
Sign up to our NEWSFLASH!
Want to receive monthly fix of sport tips, inspiration by top athletes and offers?
Enter your email address below:
Check your mailbox to confirm this newsletter subscription
Please confirm your registration in the e-mail we've just sent.